18 nov. 2013

REVIEW: Vanity - Occult You

First time I heard the band Vanity was for about one year ago and I played them on Gothtune! (podcast #4 (Sleeping Tears) and #11 (Under Black Ice). But it took nearly a year before I listen through all their cd Occult You.

The record was recorded under total isolation between december 2011 to februari 2012 och the release day was not until begining of 2013. The members lives near Tuscany in Italy, but comes from different countries and cultures. The lyrics is based on a never released book by the singer with the name "Occult You".

When I got the chance to listen to all the record and build me a full picture, I understood how damn good they are. It is hard to point a finger and tell where I should categorizing there music. There are a bit of everything and everything sounds fantastic. I hear rots of darkwave, but other kinds of rock. If I should make a choice, I can tell you that I hear some metaphors and sounds that reminds me of Anathema´s record Alternative 4, which I had on repeat for a long time in the end of the 90´s. However, it is wrong by me to compare them with Anathema 100% because you find other influence as well.

What can I say, I think this can be one of my favorite records of 2013.



Facebook

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar